Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Welcome Home!

I have finally moved back to Kentucky! I am happy (and sad) to announce that my husband of 11 years left me for a married woman. It also came out that he has been unfaithful for our entire marriage. Looking back, I see all the signs... Hindsight, hindsight... 20/20...

SS Calisto - 10 yr old Holstiener Gelding
SS Willow - 5yr old TB/Connemara Cross Mare

We found a wonderful home to lease on a 300+ acre horse farm in Bourbon County. I was able to keep 2 of my best horses and Caeleigh's pony, of course. Caeleigh is back at her school from before, and has all her friends back. Her grades are better than ever and we are very happy!



I am in the process of finding a facility to work out of. The farm I am on is a thoroughbred breeding facility, so the barns and fields are beautiful, there is not a riding arena. I am available for lessons and can come to your farm, or meet you at a public facility. I charge $55 for a 1 hour private lesson.


We had a wonderful first outing to Lakeside Arena in January. Calisto won both his classes and was division Champion!

Willow Placed 5th in both her classes with double clear rounds. I took it slow since it was her first show ever :) I was very proud of her for keeping her head straight and she remained very calm!


The next show we did was Snowbird Dressage schooling show at the Ky Horse Park. Calisto won his class on a 74% and Willow came second with a 70%. Both horses were wonderful. I also found out that Calisto was the High Point Champion (he had the best score of the entire show)!

We are busy training in-between snow storms and rain. Our next outing will be at Snowbird on Feb. 20th, and Lakeside on Feb. 21st.

Can't wait for the season to start!



No comments:

Post a Comment